Thursday, July 31, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Sometimes one just has to sit, ponder, reflect and get straight with what God is putting in front of you. And just look how luscious and full his redbud tree is today! And yep, it needs a 'shave'. :)
Monday, July 28, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
1. The gorgeous fern green skeins are for a special order I received from a virtual Canadian friend to work up my Wishbone Cable Bag for her! YEAH for Etsy!
2. An idea POPPED into my head for a design while we were waiting for the little folk to get picked up by their dad and this is the beginnings of a new design of handbag. I think it will be a really fun one when finished. This color with bamboo handles is going to be very eye catching I believe.
Friday evening we got another shot of adrenaline going around here when an e-mail came in from the Lux Center for the Arts. The director is interested in seeing my handbags up close and personal for possibly, I repeat POSSIBLY having them for sale at the gallery! If that falls through, I will still be pumped just because they inquired!!! That in itself is an honor that I'll never forget.
Another blessing came Friday morning when going into a meeting at a local cafe/coffee house and who do I run into? Tyler's old basketball coach!! And even though he is getting up there in age, he still remembered who I was. And then I got to run into another parent of old LCS students who I hadn't seen in over 4 years, and HE even remembered who I was. So it just goes to show me that I haven't fallen off the edge of the world as it had been feeling!!!!!!!! :)
It also shows that there are some prayer warriors out there who have been praying overtime on our behalf.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Thursday, July 24, 2008
26 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.
27 And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will.
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
I was incredibly blessed that this was the reading for today, because we don't know what today will hold with the meetings that are happening and whether they will end up good, or not so good. We just don't know what is in store for us. It makes it hard to know HOW to pray, and this verse reminded me (as it did after Ty's death) that the Holy Spirit is taking over for us today. We just know that God has a plan and we can only hope for the best.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Make sure to check out Christy's blog to see what everyone who is participating in "I Made It Myself" has been up to this week!
Friday, July 18, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
1. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
2. Using only the first page of results, pick one image for each question.
3. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into Big Huge Lab’s Mosaic Maker to create a mosaic of the picture answers.
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name.
1. Roses for Karen/Teyacapan! Happy Birthday!, 2. Tuna Steak, 3. 08 01 12_0413, 4. Soft purple, 5. Barechested Glory, 6. coffee & the city, 7. Fraser Island sunset, 8. Super Bowl SUNDAE Cake, 9. one with the sea, 10. Cherry Blossom Way, 11. celebrating the last minute of singleness, 12. Aqua Cables & Lace Baby Blankie
Side Note: I picked the first pic in the group, not one pic from the first pages of photos.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Taken from Our Daily Bread for 8-8-08 (yes, that's where the booklet opened up to today)
As the Olympic Games open in Beijing, my thoughts go back to Eric Liddell, a former champion immortalized for his surprising gold medal victory in the 400 meters during the 1924 Games in Paris. A year after his triumph, Liddell went to China, where he spent the last 20 years of his life as a missionary teacher and rural pastor. There he ran the greatest race of his life against opponents we all know - difficult circumstances, war, uncertainty, and disease.
Crowded into a Japanese internment camp with 1,500 other people, Eric lived out the words he had paraphrased from 1 Corinthians 13:6-8 - "Love is never glad when others go wrong. Love finds no pleasure in injustice, but rejoices in the truth. Love is always slow to expose, it knows how to be silent. Love is always eager to believe the best about a person. Love is full of hope, full of patient endurance; love never fails."
Eric served the others in camp, whether carrying water for the elderly or refereeing games for the teens. When he died of a brain tumor in February 1945, one internee described him as a man "who lived better than he preached."
In life's most difficult race, Eric Liddell crossed the finish line victorious through love.
- David McCasland
Saturday, July 12, 2008
.........and you can have this or one like it in my Etsy shop. Want a special color or size? Let me know!!! I make these all by myself. giggle
Sunday, July 06, 2008
It was a great weekend all the way around. Super display of fireworks at our daughter's house which outdid our neighborhood by a LONG shot on Friday night. Saturday we went and got our Guitar Hero Aerosmith and that kept us busy most of the evening. Oh MY this one is FUN FUN FUN!!!! (and very very difficult, but I play expert just because it's more fun that way. I'm so mean to Bill.)