Thursday, December 13, 2007

I Have No Name for This Post

Yesterday, as I was at the main post office mailing out eBay things, I happened to glance at the young man standing at the next window.... my eyes couldn't believe what I was seeing, my heart took a dive. He looked so much like Tyler, I couldn't stop staring. I hope my chin didn't obviously appear to be on the floor, but there are times when this happens. I watched him talk, watched his eyes, watched his mannerisms, the way he wore his cap........... it's just those kind of bittersweet moments that seem to keep all the good, and the sad, still very real.

I know this story is not a strange one for people who have lost a child, or to those who have lost any loved one. But it keeps life in focus, on what is really important, and that is family - those you love.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

It always seems to catch you off guard doesn't it. >>>Hugs<<<<

Season said...

Just so you know that you are not alone. I see guys that look so much like Tyler that I do the same - stare. It's funny, because they always seem to be driving these beat-up pieces of you know what - with the facial hair and all. But, it always brings a smile to my face and heart. It reminds me that he is smiling even bigger then we have ever seen him smile here! God is good! Love you mom!