Monday, September 06, 2010

Patience HAS Been a Virtue

Ah, Labor Day Weekend - in retrospect.....

Three days of not being scheduled at work. Three days of lists. One and one-half days of running errands, 90% of which were necessary. But it all goes deeper than that.

My life's motto has been "Patience is a Virtue". Ask my kids and how many times they've heard that short lecture. But this Labor Day weekend, it really hit that through the past two years, my motto worked.

Two years. A lot can happen in two years. Think about it. Births, graduations, weddings, anniversaries, divorce, elections, loss and death. I was given the strength to endure, to keep going, and have patience in the last two years, even though I was ridiculed for my choices.

Many things have happened in my life in just a two year slot of time.

1. I've had a divorced daughter and her two children live here for two years - to the date.
2. I've gained two more grandchildren.
3. I have lost a house to foreclosure.
4. I have lost a business.
5. I have gained a new and better job than I could have ever imagined.
6. I enjoy a relationship with my grandchildren that I even envy.
7. I have been promoted - twice.
8. I have gained a new relationship with the love of my life.
9. I now know why God put those words of "Patient Is A Virtue" on my heart years ago.
10. Wonder what's next?

There's no pictures or stories with this post. This one has been on my heart all of this Labor Day weekend. I have been blessed BECAUSE I've chosen to be patient. So many things just don't happen overnight, and sometimes blessing need to be waited on. I've BEEN blessed, and I will always wait for what tomorrow will bring.

Thank you, Jesus.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Thanks Karen. That was a beautiful post. I have always thought you were a calm and patient person. God has given you an abundance of patience to endure hardship. Your perseverance is very inspiring.
Thinking of you and sending a prayer up. :)