Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm a Toothless Wonder

Yesterday was something else from the moment I woke up till I went to bed! Are you ready for THIS story? HA HA

Woke up nauseous and weak but went in to work anyway. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? It could go away, I could get better.... needed to buck up and get where I needed to be. So about an hour into it, had to let my boss know there just wasn't any way I could do it. At least a couple of hours off to stop being so..... well, you know, urpy. So I go home, could not warm up, actually had BLANKETS on in 90+ weather. But by dinnertime, honestly felt a ton better so Bill proceeded to make us pork chops.

So while my chef was sizzling those chops, I get an email from the publisher of the knitting pattern book that is going to go to press this fall.... with a PDF file of what my 2 pages of fame will look like! Felt like a little kid and had to text my daughter and sister to take a sneak peak. It's absolutely the BEST photography of my pattern and product and it's just the shot in the arm I needed. This has been in the works for nearly 2 years and to see it come to pass is just astounding! And of course I had to show my dear hubby what the spreads looked like - I think he's proud of his wife.

So dinner is ready, I go to take my first bite of a delicious pork chop, and WHAM! There goes the reconstruction done on my front tooth from 15 years ago - gone! So after a moment of "oh, my goodness, I'm in customer service and this is going to suck" mode, it felt better to just laugh through it, take care of it, and not give it another thought. Didn't even tell Bill until I had the dentist appointment made and my boss called to see if I could keep the appointment I just made. I love my boss. Just had to be truthful and tell her that I wasn't comfortable seeing patients looking like a jack-o-lantern and I think something should be done about it - like ASAP.

So anyway, Monday was not a typical Monday at all. It was just a great day to see that people actually care about me, that laughter IS the best medicine, and my old moto still stands: PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE.

Yep, I'm a toothless wonder today, BUT I'm going to be published!!!!!!!!!

Life is good.

1 comment:

Bianca said...

I'm sorry about what happened to your reconstructed teeth, Karen. How often did you visit your dentist throughout those 15 years? You should have your teeth checked every 2 months at the most.

Bianca Jackson