Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mama Did Right



Over the course of the last few weeks, I've taken pictures of the different items I've either sewn, knitted or whatever. Today I stopped to take a look at them, REALLY look at them and see what a truly awesome gift my mother gave me......

She gave me the training, instruction, attention and encouragement to be able to make something with my own hands. She encouraged me to watch the details, the extra little something's that make things different, and to expect the best from myself. Mom taught all us girls that lesson, and it shows in the things all three of us do: quilting, card making, paper crafting, crocheting, knitting, sewing..... and the art of being resourceful. Even though mom was not a nature buff by any means, she knew how to use every color in God's rainbow to make the most phenomenal things, like quilts - her specialty later on in her life.

Today I'd have given anything to just TELL her how much she had influenced her daughters. I know I never told her while her mind was well enough to understand, but I'm asking Jesus to let her know - and that I love her.

No comments: