Friday, October 01, 2010

O Be Careful Little Eyes


O be careful little eyes what you see

O be careful little eyes what you see

There's a Father up above

And He's looking down in love

So, be careful little eyes what you see


This children's song comes into my mind whenever I choose to put the wrong visuals in my life. Words of wisdom, I do believe. I'm very cautious about the TV I watch. Would much prefer to watch innocent shows or light hearted ones, or a good detective or mystery program. It goes for the internet, too. I was not being careful enough with what I was seeing come into my news feed on Facebook. There are so many sad and angry people in the world. And there are just situations listed there that are better unknown to me. Lesson learned. Just because I am not a child does not mean I am not a child of God. This song instructs me also, even as an adult.


What are we letting into our lives because of our choices of TV shows? Movies? Internet sites? Will the result be honoring to God? It's all about our gift of free will and how we choose to use it.


The song goes on, not only about eyes, but about our ears, hands, feet, and mouth. Oh, the trouble one can stir by allowing our ears to hear untruth, or our mouth to speak it.


Do yourself a favor and double check your choice of entertainment. It could make a difference in your life, maybe bring a bit more peace, less stress, fewer moments of anxiety and bouts of depression or anger.


It's all about CHOICES. Choose carefully. He is watching, and loving, and gave you that gift.


No comments: