Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Group - Why Not?


I was contacted yesterday by Christy, a local knitting and paper artist, who I met through the local Lincoln Knitting Guild last year. She also has a store on Etsy. Christy has come up with a marvelous idea for promoting local Etsy store owners on the home front, a way to get Lincoln's own artisans and craftsman out and in public. Extremely glad she remembered me as I did not join the LKG this year so I don't attend the meetings.

She has started rounding us up in a Flickr group which is a great start. Posting ideas, goals, photos and such right on Flickr. Now I need to sit and think about designing again and goals. Yikes to the goals, but it will be good for me.

The group is called Lincoln Handmade - so here's another group you all need to watch out for. I've looked through some of the members' items so far and talk about creative! Everything from jewelry and art to knit and crochet items.


My goals this week as posted in the Flickr group: (help keep me honest out there)

The TygerLily says:
Goals: 1. Make list of places for DH to take photos of me Saturday for WWKIP Day to post somewhere later for comic relief. :)

2. Post 3-4 items in shop - a push for me to do finishing touches.

3. Start designing process for new purse.

2 comments:

Christy said...

The guild is knitting at the farmer's market in the Haymarket on Saturday morning for WWKIPD if you'd like to join us! We'd love to have you come and knit. Our booth is just down from the visitor's center. We'll be there from 8-12.

Season said...

Remember you are more then welcome to come to Jason & Sheri's. I think that would be so great! Let me know what you decide!

Love ya!