Monday, August 20, 2007

Another update......am I boring you?

Here is the picture of the felted purse I did, still not quite dry on the inside. Probably should have left it in the dryer a tad bit more. Oh, well. I haven't made slits for the handles yet, little afraid to do that. But they say it should work! I'll slit them another day. Here is the beautiful yarns that came in today from New York for the Icelandic Shawl!!!! Aren't they beautiful? I've never worked with high end yarn before so this should be double fun. OK, this means I'm committed! Now to figure out the graphs and junk on the actual pattern. :) We'll give it the old college try for sure.
p.s. Tuesday is Abby's first day of school as a FIRST GRADER @ LCS!!!!! YIKES!

3 comments:

Bob said...

Felting is cool, er, warm. Kristin made a pair of felted slippers for me. They are fantastic in the winter.

The Family Jewels said...

I hope that I get to see this in person when I get back into town! Have a great day!

-Tonia

Sr. Carole Ann Clark, OSB said...

Wow, that is really great! And I love the colors of the new shawl. Tell me again what is "felting"?
Carole