Friday, August 24, 2007

Simple Updates


It's State Fair time once again, and the weather looks like it will be cooler than normal, maybe rainy (which is fine for the old folk like us). Looking forward to spending a few hours out there later today, check out the scenery. One of the gals in my knitting group has entered one or two things and we want to check out how she did, or if it's even been judged yet.

I have no photos to show, but there are two more dishcloths done (cables on one, jack-o-lantern on the other), the front of the doll/baby dress is finished, and the first 8 rows of the Icelandic shawl is complete as of this morning. The special needles I ordered for the shawl came yesterday, but I ordered a set that is too short so had to re-order the correct ones. Senior moment? Nah, couldn't be that. :) I was hoping to have a dedicated set for this project.

The best part of all this is the shawl. I am so glad that the encouragement came and I took the plunge. Sitting there and working on it keeps my mind focused on the giftee (Abby) and her future. Wonderful prayer time, hopeful wishing time and just plain happy thinking time. It takes an average of a half hour per row right now (this will be lacey) so that means there's been more than 4 hours put into it already. But Bill and I discussed it and when there is someone so precious to be doing it for, the time is nothing. We are both excited to see this project's progress. (Shhh, Season - don't you tell her one thing about this.)

Here's hoping everyone has a safe and fun weekend!

1 comment:

Season said...

Don't worry, your secret is safe with me! Hee Hee!