Sunday, March 02, 2008

Couldnt's Resist this Drawing

I came across a website that had numerous vintage drawings and cartoons of knitters. It reminded me of the beautiful work Marsha has been doing. But this one really caught my eye for a number of reasons.
1. There are three of us sisters
2. We all have been taught how to knit
3. Heidi girl is sitting in the background watching if that ball of yarn is going to turn into Big Mean Kitty.
4. And these three girls are just plain enjoying themselves being crafty.
OK, so not all of us have continued on knitting, but we were all taught at one point in our lives. Sister #1 is a quilter and crocheter now, Sister #2 is a paper crafter and once in awhile a seamstress, while Sister #3 (me) is knitting again. I think all three of us are very content in our crafting abilities and maybe some of us (like me) just enjoy it a little too much. giggle
But this little vintage cartoon just made me smile and be so thankful for the sisters I have and reminds me just how much I love them.

3 comments:

Sr. Carole Ann Clark, OSB said...

Karen, I love it, love it, love it!! You cought us in "who we are" and I think it is great!
Love ya'
Carole

Marsha said...

Very cute!! All I've got is 3 older brothers.....so I have to be crafty all by myself!

Thanks for the comment on the bags. They are too cute and so easy. I'm putting them away for a few co-worker's birthdays. I think they'll like them.

Donna said...

I love the picture. You've got us all dow to a T -- even Heidi! Thanks for sharing and know we feel the same about you!