Monday, March 31, 2008

Rainy Monday Morning

OK, just to let everyone know we're "still kicking" especially after a phone call last night to see if we were still alive because there was no new blog entries - here's to all of you who read this on this rainy Monday morning.

Weekends like this when Tyler's old friends come to town usually leave me in state of disrepair. One of these years, it hopefully won't get to me as much. But I really love the fact that they call and want to come and see us when they make the trip to our fair city. For crying out loud, we're old, but they still come around, still calling me 'mom'. Listening to them banter around a poker table and laugh (I don't play, just sit and listen) and giving DH the business as Tyler used to is still bittersweet. So good to see them getting married, settling down and growing up.

I finished the white shawl Saturday but haven't blocked it out yet, so no photos at this time. I had DH put it on so I could see the pre-blocked size and I think it's going to be a-okay. :)

Check out Casto Creations blog and watch for her April birthday specials! Some of her give-aways this month will include something from me. She makes such elegant jewelry and her sale this month is incredible - she's celebrating a milestone birthday with celebration!



And then you must check out LilyKathrynDesigns to see her market bags. They are adorable and she'll take special orders! GO GREEN!


Check out where my brother is at here! Three whole weeks in Thailand checking out old friends and traveling. Hopefully he'll keep us all posted as to his adventures.

My Bible-through-the-year reading this morning was great as usual. God always seems to give me something, every time I sit and read.

Proverbs 12:9 - Better to be ordinary and work for a living than act important and starve in the process.

Therefore, I shall work! :) And work some more.

1 comment:

CastoCreations said...

Naughty girl! :) I'm not announcing it until tomorrow on my blog. Thought people on my newsletter list found out today. lol I'm so excited!