Sunday, March 02, 2008

Weekend Explorations!

Here is a take on the yellow blankie I did for Kate, only blue and a different design. This one is pretty cooshy, too. No babies around, but Etsy is always there. Then I found a pattern (hiding behind a bunch of DH's Consumer Reports magazines) that I'd thought I'd lost. It's a christening gown, which no one in our family would ever use, but the pattern is gorgeous. So I started the front out of stuff I had stashed, but now know if I did this for real it would have to be of quality yarn. I think this stuff is too itchy for babies. But what a GREAT pattern!
Then I finished this up, found some scraps to line it and some handles I just couldn't place with any other thing........ and hopefully this week I'll be able to call this candied popcorn thing an FO!
And this pattern has been in my head for way too long, and so glad it finally got on and OFF the needles. It's almost like a Mary Poppins satchel, but smooshier. It's HUGE! Off to Etsy I go........



5 comments:

Marsha said...

Well haven't you been the busy little thing....lol! I love the green bag pattern, too cool. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see what's next.

Season said...

Okay - MOM! This has got to be one of my favorites! You know how I love big bags that fit everything. I would love to see this in person. Good job! Did you write down this pattern? Because I think you could sell this one too!

Haddorkus said...

Wow, I am all respect and awe. That is some wonderful work. What a talent. That is one craft I have never even attempted. I only know bloggers who do it, no one in real life who could teach me. And besides like I really need another obsession right now. I'll just obsess over getting that wonderful bag.

Knitted Gems said...

Love your green bag! It looks fantastic. The colors are eye-catching. The leaf pattern is great. Wonderful design!

Chele said...

Karen,

Your bags are gorgeous. Are you selling the patterns as well? Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the lovely compliments.